In news– According to portal PRAAPTI, Total outstanding dues of electricity distribution companies(Discoms) to power producers rose by 4.04 per cent year-on-year to ₹ 1,21,765 crore in May 2022.
About PRAAPTI portal-
- PRAAPTI stands for Payment Ratification And Analysis in Power Procurement for bringing Transparency in Invoicing of generators.
- This portal was launched by the Ministry of Power in 2018.
- It is a platform aimed at enhancing transparency and encouraging best practices in Power Purchase transactions.
- The Portal would also help DISCOMs(Power Distribution Companies) and GENCOs (Generation Companies) to reconcile their outstanding payments.
- The information received from onboard Generators including monthly details about invoices raised to and payments received from DISCOMs is available on the portal.
- Presently information for only Long/Medium term PPAs is available is being sourced from these Generators.
- Data available for DISCOMs of a particular state is used to arrive at a ‘Composite Index’. Average score of the state on this Composite Index is then used to assess its relative performance against other states.
- Subsequently, the results are depicted on a scale showing Ease of making payments by DISCOMs of the state
- The portal would facilitate relative assessment of various State DISCOMs on “Ease of making payments” to various GENCOs, and will also help make transactions in the power Sector more transparent.