In News: Recently, NITI Aayog, in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Centre for Social and Behaviour Change, Ashoka University launched Poshan Gyan, a national digital repository on health and nutrition.
About Poshan Gyan
- Poshan Gyan is a trusted and comprehensive online resource for anybody working in the nutrition sector in India.
- It is a collection of effective communication materials created by government agencies and other development organizations to tackle the challenges of knowledge awareness and behaviour change in the nutrition sector.
- The materials cover a range of topics, such as antenatal care, complementary feeding, adolescent health, diet diversity, anemia prevention etc.
- This repository is curated and maintained by NITI Aayog in joint efforts with other development partners.
- Poshan Gyan is designed to be accessible for everybody to use – whether frontline health workers, community leaders, teachers or anyone else seeking to improve nutritional outcomes.
- It contains materials targeted towards different audiences using a variety of media types, such as interpersonal communication, mass media, outdoor advertising etc.
- The ‘search’ toolbar on the homepage will help you find the most relevant materials for your purpose in a simple and easy manner.