In news– Recently, China has delivered its largest and most advanced warship to Pakistan.
About PNS Tughril
- It is the first hull of four Type 054 A/P frigates being constructed for the Pakistan Navy.
- The new frigate is named after “Tugrul the First,” one of the founders of the Seljuk Empire, which governed modern-day Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey between the 11th and 14th centuries
- It was built and designed by China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC).
- The Type 054A/P will be Pakistan Navy’s most capable warship to date.
- It is equipped with state-of-the-art combat management and an electronic warfare system along with modern self-defence capabilities.
- This frigate can simultaneously execute a number of naval warfare missions in a highly intense multi-threat environment.
- It also has advanced sensors and weapons.
- It is equipped with the SR2410C long-range and Type 517/SUR17B air-surveillance radars.
- It also carries the HQ-16 medium-range air defence missiles, which has a range of up to 50 km.
- The ship also has a vertical launching system, which means it can be armed with anti-aircraft missiles, ship and land-attack cruise missiles and anti-submarine missiles.
- The Pakistan Navy has contracted the construction of four Type 054A/P frigates from China since 2017.
- Besides the advanced naval ships, China also partners with the Pakistan Air Force to build JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft.
Source: The Hindu