What is the project monitoring group?
- The Project Monitoring Group (PMG), Invest India is an institutional mechanism for the expedited resolution of issues and regulatory bottlenecks in projects with investments upward ₹ 500 Cr. in India.
Features of PMG
- Currently, PMG is situated at Invest India, Department of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce.
- The PMG seeks to enlist the unresolved project issues in respect of all mid and large sized Public, Private and ‘Public–Private Partnership’ (PPP) Projects and takes up fast-tracking of approvals, sectorial policy issues and removal of bottlenecks in expeditious commissioning. DPIIT is mandated as the nodal body for the review of public and private projects facing challenges and facilitates their resolution through PMG.
- Working procedure
- Login to the portal
- Create project and add issues
- Monitor issues and status
- Issue resolved
- The PMG portal provides a summary of the projects and their issues on a dashboard. All the relevant stakeholders will be able to view the progress of the project and download reports.
- PMG conducts periodic meetings at the state and ministry levels to identify bottlenecks in projects and understand their status by engaging with all the