PM Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan is a centrally sponsored Scheme on entrepreneurship education and training being implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. It will also include easy access to information and mentor network, credit, incubator and accelerator, and advocacy to create a pathway for the youth.
Aims of PM YUVA
- Creating an enabling ecosystem for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education and training
- Advocacy and easy access to entrepreneurship support network and Promoting social enterprises for inclusive growth.
The scheme spans over five years (2016-17 to 2020-21)
About the scheme
- PM YUVA) was launched by the Government in 2016 for implementation through the Institutes of Higher Learning (Universities, Colleges, and Premier Institutes), schools, Industrial Training Centers (ITIs) and Entrepreneurship Development Centers (EDCs) for a period of five years.
- During the review of the PM YUVA project, the progress under the scheme was not found satisfactory and accordingly, it was decided to restructure the project and implement it through the Institutes in the Skill Ecosystem of the Ministry i.e.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKKs)
- Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)
- Polytechnics, Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) and
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Training Centres.
- The pilot project on PM YUVA with the revised strategy is under implementation.
- Besides, with an aim to promote a culture of entrepreneurship among India’s youth and inspire them to set-up their own enterprise and create employment opportunities for others
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has instituted National Entrepreneurship Awards Scheme (NEAS) in 2016.
- Under the scheme, awards are conferred to the aspiring first-generation entrepreneurs to recognize and honour their efforts and achievements and those individuals/organizations who are working as eco-system builder in the field of entrepreneurship development.
- The awards also seek to highlight the model of excellence for others to emulate and improve upon.
- Under the scheme, there is special provision of 12 awards in a sub-category under Enterprises Track exclusively for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe, Women Entrepreneur, Entrepreneur from Persons with Disability (PwDs) and Entrepreneur from Difficult Areas.
Age Criteria [Eligibility Rules]
The Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana is for young entrepreneurs across the nation. As of now, no other eligibility criteria have decided. Anyone who is young that is below 30 can avail the scheme.