In news- The Cabinet recently approved seven new mega textile parks to create world-class infrastructure with plug-and-play facilities that enable major investments in exports.
About the PM MITRA parks-
- The parks are a part of the government’s ‘Farm -> Fiber -> Factory -> Fashion -> Foreign’ push.
- It will generate 1 lakh direct and 2 lakh indirect employment per park.
- The parks will be set up at greenfield or brownfield sites located in different willing states.
- 10 States such as Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Assam, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh & Telangana have expressed interest.
- The government estimates the cost of setting up each park at an estimated Rs. 1700 crore.
- Upto 30 percent of the project cost or Rs, 500 crore in greenfield parks, and upto Rs. 200 crore in brownfield parks will be provided by the government as development capital support.
- The first movers who establish anchor plants and hire at least 100 people will also get competitive incentive support from the government.
- These businesses can secure upto Rs. 10 crore in a year for three years or a total of Rs. 30 crore under this formula.
- This will not be part of the existing PLI scheme.
- ‘Holistic integrated textile processing regions’ would be established around these parks.
- This would include common services centres, design centres, research and development centres, training facilities, medical and housing facilities and Inland Container Terminals and logistics warehouses.