About PM e-VIDYA
- The Union Finance Ministry has announced several initiatives to boost the Education Sector.
- A comprehensive initiative called PM e-VIDYA will be launched which unifies all efforts related to digital/online/on-air education.
- The main objective of PM eVidya program is to educate students through digital platforms so that the education of students does not suffer due to nationwide lockdown.
- The government is set to launch 12 more channels.
- A TV channel called ‘one class, one channel’ will also be launched for class 1st to 12th.
- These top 100 universities of the country have allowed starting online education as everyone does not have access to the internet so Swayam Prabha DTH channel was announced.
- A program for multi-mode access to digital/online education will also be launched under the PM eVidya program.
This will enable multi-mode access to education, and includes:
- DIKSHA (one nation-one digital platform) – nation’s digital infrastructure for providing quality e-content in school education for all the states/UTs.
- TV (one class-one channel) where one dedicated channel per grade for each of the classes 1 to 12 will provide access to quality educational material.
- SWAYAM online courses in MOOCS format for school and higher education.
- IITPAL for IITJEE/NEET preparation.
- Air through Community radio and CBSE Shiksha Vani podcast.
- Study material for the differently abled developed on Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) and in sign language on NIOS website/ YouTube.
- Manodarpan initiative – It is being launched to provide psychosocial support to students, teachers and families for mental health and emotional wellbeing through a website, a toll-free helpline, national directory of counselors, interactive chat platform, etc. This initiative will benefit all school going children in the country, along with their parents, teachers and the community of stakeholders in school education.
- Expanding e-learning in higher education – by liberalizing open, distance and online education regulatory framework. Top 100 universities will start online courses. Also, online component in conventional Universities and ODL programmes will also be raised from present 20% to 40%. This will provide enhanced learning opportunities to nearly 7 crore students across different colleges and Universities.
- National Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework – To promote critical thinking, creative and communication skills, along with experiential and joyful learning for the students focusing on learning outcomes.