In news- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App.
About the portal-
- The portal has been developed by the Ministry in collaboration with National e-Governance Division (NeGD), to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups of Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Safai Karamcharis.
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry from the year 2020-21.
- Under this Yojana, eligible target groups are being provided skill development training programmes on (i) Up-skilling/Reskilling (ii) Short Term Training Programme (iii) Long Term Training Programme and (iv) Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
About National e-Governance Division (NeGD)-
- In 2009, the NeGD was created by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology as an Independent Business Division under the Digital India Corporation.
The roles and responsibilities of NeGD are:
- Providing strategic direction in terms of framing policies and implementation strategy for the Digital India Programme in different domains of e-Governance.
- Proactive support to Central and State Governments for Mission Mode Projects and other e-Governance projects
- Acting as a facilitator and catalyst for implementation of Digital India Program by various Ministries and State Governments
- Providing technical assistance to Central Ministries/ State Line Departments in their e-Governance projects either directly or in collaboration with professional consultants
- Ensuring effective citizen engagement and communication with all stakeholders using offline and Social Media channels
- Recruitment, deployment and HR management of specialised resources in the State e-Governance Mission Teams in all States and UTs
- Training and development initiatives