Source: Press Information Bureau
- This was the 3rd edition of ParyatanParv.
- The idea of ParyatanParv is to propagate the message of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’, with the objective to encourage Indians to visit various tourist destinations of the country and also to spread the message of ‘Tourism for All’.
- This year the ParyatanParv is dedicated to the commemoration of 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Stalls of Central government ministries as well as from States and UTs were set up as part of the ParyatanParv in Delhi.
- Food stalls representing cuisines from all over the country were also setup.
- A multimedia exhibition organized by the Bureau of Outreach Communication of Ministry of Information& Broadcasting on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was one of the key attractions.
- A live food kitchen demonstrated some of the key traditional recipes from the states.
- In the backdrop of the festival of Navratri, around 18 ‘Satvik Food’ stalls were set up to cater to the preferences of all types of visitors.
- During the Paryatan Parv, a meeting of National Tourism Advisory Council (NTAC) was also held under the chairmanship of Tourism Minister