In news– The Government of Jammu & Kashmir has launched PARVAZ Market Linkage Scheme recently.
Key features of the scheme-
- The scheme was launched by the Government of J&K with an aim to create market linkage support for the shipment of Agriculture and Horticulture perishables being harvested in Jammu and Kashmir through Air Cargo.
- Under the scheme, 25 per cent subsidy on freight charges is given for carrying perishable fruits harvested in Jammu and Kashmir for shipment through Air Cargo.
- The subsidy is provided to farmers through DBT mode.
- Jammu & Kashmir Horticultural Produce Marketing and Processing Corporation (JKHPMC), the implementing agency of the scheme is regularly creating awareness among the farmers about the significance of this scheme so that an ample number of them can take benefit from it.
- The documentation work related to the scheme has been made easy besides the subsidy for the farmers provided under the scheme is timely paid to the farmers.
- This scheme tends to benefit the farmers by doubling their income thereby ensuring their economic and social welfare.
- Under the scheme the farmers will get the price of their produce directly in their bank account with no intermediary in between.