- Organized by the Indian Army, PANEX-21 is a multi-nation disaster management exercise with a special focus on relief in the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- It will involve Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand and India—BIMSTEC countries.
- The aim of the exercise is to foster joint planning and build regional cooperation for responding to natural disasters.
- PANEX 21 is planned to be conducted at Pune from December 20-22.
- The exercise will be based on three scenarios built on the theme of disaster management in the backdrop of a pandemic.
- The participants will be divided into eight syndicates, with one syndicate each from the participating countries and two syndicates from India.
- A Multi-Agency Exercise (MAE) comprising a static display showcasing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HDR) equipment employed by the Indian Armed Forces and various civil agencies will also take place.
- The static display will also showcase the capability of the Indian private defense industry and is planned to be inaugurated by Service Chiefs of BIMSTEC countries.
Further reading- https://journalsofindia.com/bimstec/