108 training programmes were organized for the awareness of the farmers during the period of operation under this scheme.
About PDDUUKSY scheme
- It was launched in 2016 to develop human resources in organic farming, natural farming and cow based economy for environmental sustenance and soil health.
- The scheme was launched under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and implemented by the Education Division of ICAR.
- It was started with the establishment of 100 centres.
- The initiative is envisioned to transform rural development processes by partnering with knowledge institutions.
The scheme has the following objectives:
- To build skilled Human Resource at village level relevant to national needs towards organic farming and sustainable agriculture.
- Provide rural India with professional support in the field of Organic Farming/Natural Farming/Rural Economy/Sustainable Agriculture.
- To extend other activities of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Unnat Krishi Shiksha Yojana at village level through these established centres.
Criteria for Selecting Farmers
The designated Centers may select the farmers for this initiative, subject to the conditions that:
- The farmers must be assessed in terms of their interest in organic farming, natural farming and cow-based economy prior to their selection.
- Priority must be attached to the farmers who are currently practising organic farming, natural farming or cow-based economy.
- Farmers of all communities must be given fair representation.
- The selection shouldn’t involve any gender discrimination.