About the campaign-
- Paalan 1000 – Journey of the First 1000 Days’, focuses on the cognitive developments of children in the first 2 years of its life.
- Paalan 1000 combines early years coaching for parents, families and other caregivers with services designed to meet families’ basic needs.
- The programme is aligned with the mission of the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK), emphasizing responsive care and focusing interventions on the first 1000 days.
- The PAALAN 1000 parenting app will provide caregivers with practical advice on what they can do in their everyday routine and will help resolve the various doubts of parents and will direct our efforts in the development of a child.
- It focuses on the 6 principles on Maximize Love, Talk & Engage, explore through Movement and Play, Read and Discuss Stories, Mother’s Engagement with the Child while Breastfeeding and Managing Stress and Staying Calm.
What is Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram(RBSK) ?
- It is a new initiative aiming at early identification and early intervention for children from birth to 18 years to cover 4 ‘D’s viz. Defects at birth, Deficiencies, Diseases, Development delays including disability.
- It was launched by The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare under the National Health Mission.
- It envisages Child Health Screening and Early Intervention Services, a systemic approach of early identification and link to care, support and treatment.