Amidst 2nd wave of Covid-19 Indian Railways is continuing to deliver Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) to various states
- The ‘Oxygen Express’ service was started in April following a demand for the gas in several health facilities in the wake of a severe second Covid wave.
- According to India railways, more than 23741 MT of LMO has been delivered by Oxygen Express trains in more than 1405 tankers to various states so far
- So far, 593 ‘Oxygen Express’ trains have completed their journeys, moving 1,405 tankers and 23,741 tonnes of LMO to 15 states
- For delivery across the country, these trains loaded 8025 MT oxygen from Jharkhand, 6384 MT from Gujarat, 7102 MT oxygen from Odisha, 1360 MT LMO from West Bengal, 218 MT from Chhattisgarh, 488 MT oxygen from Maharashtra, and 164 MT LMO from Andhra Pradesh.
- Amidst this Covid-19 crisis, Indian Railways’ Oxygen Expresses are picking up the life-saving gas from places such as Angul, Rourkela, Tatanagar, Durgapur in the East and Baroda, Mundra, Hapa in the West then delivering it to states of Rajasthan, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Haryana, Telangana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Punjab.
- Till now, LMO by Indian Railways has been offloaded in around 39 cities/towns across 15 states