Source: PIB & Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Recently Union Minister for Food Processing Industries and Union Minister for Women and Child Development jointly inaugurated the Organic Food Festival
The Organic Food Festival for Women Entrepreneurs is an outcome of the MoU (which aims at building capacities of women entrepreneurs) signed between the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) and the Ministry of Women and Child Development (M/o WCD).
- The festival aims to strengthen the organic market and empower entrepreneurs in the area of production and processing of organic production
- This is the first such event where 180+ women entrepreneurs and self-help groups are participating from over 25 States and Union Territories with very interesting products on display from across the country.
- The festival was organized by National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) as the Industry Partner
- Training and capacity building of women entrepreneurs and SHGs is another key focus area and training on Post-harvest management, product innovation, packaging, and certification processes were organized over the 3 days.
- The overall effort is targeted towards strengthening ‘Organic’ Branding for India by enhancing direct linkage of local producers with Buyers, enhancing processing potential of organic output and contribute to India’s vision of enhancing export competitiveness and Create a direct impact to women farmer incomes and in turn empowerment
|The area under organic certification|
Organic production in India