In news- Railway Protection Force (RPF) rescued 150 girls and women from becoming the victims of human trafficking during its pan-India Operation ‘Mahila Suraksha’.
About Operation Mahila Suraksha-
- With an objective of providing enhanced safety and security to lady passengers travelling by trains for their entire journey a pan India initiative “Meri Saheli” has also been operational.
- Dedicated to this objective of women security a pan India drive “Operation Mahila Suraksha” was launched from 3rd to 31st May 2022.
- To educate the rail users regarding their safety and Dos & Don’ts during their journey, 5742 awareness campaigns were organized.
- During this drive, RPF has arrested more than 7000 persons who were travelling unauthorizedly in the coaches reserved for women.
- Train escort duties with a mixed composition of male & female RPF personnel were also widely deployed during this period.