Source: PIB and related Ministries
CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System)
It is the platform which primarily aims to enable submission of grievances by the aggrieved citizens including workers from anywhere and anytime (24×7) basis to Ministries/Departments/ Organisations who scrutinize and take action for speedy and favorable redressal of these grievances.
- This is a Government of India Portal aimed at providing the citizens with a platform for redress of their grievances.
- If a person has any grievance against any Government organization in the country, he/she may lodge the grievance here which will go to the Ministry/Department/State Government concerned for immediate redress.
- Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances is the nodal agency to formulate policy guidelines for citizen-centric governance in the country. Redress of citizen’s grievances, being one of the most important initiatives of the department, DAR&PG formulates public grievance redress mechanisms for effective and timely redress/settlement of citizen’s grievances.
EPFiGMS (EPF i Grievance Management System)
It is a customized portal with an aim to redress grievances for the services provided by EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation).
- With this grievances can be lodged at any place and will land in the concerned office to which the grievances pertain.
- Grievance can be lodged by PF member, EPS Pensioner, Employer and Others
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) APP
The services of EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation) for subscribers have been integrated and offered through UMANG application of Government of India.
- It is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
- UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen-centric services.
- UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations. It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
PENCIL (Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour) Portal
Online complaints regarding Child labour can be filed by anybody on the PENCIL Portal. The complaint gets assigned to the concerned Nodal Officer automatically by the system for rescual, rehabilitation and mainstreaming of the child labourer.
- To establish a child labour free nation, the Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour (PENCIL) had been launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Aim: It aims at involving Centre, State, District, Governments, civil society and the general public in achieving the target of child labour free society.
- Components of the platform;
- Child Tracking System
- Complaint Corner
- State Government
- National Child Labour Project and
Shram Suvidha Portal
It operates a transparent risk-based Online Labour Inspection Service for effective enforcement of Labour Laws so as to ensure wage security, job security, social security and various other safety, health and welfare measures.
- The Unified Shram Suvidha Portal is developed to facilitate reporting of Inspections, and submission of Returns.
- The Unified Shram Suvidha Portal has been envisaged as a single point of contact between employer, employee and enforcement agencies bringing in transparency in their day-to-day interactions.
For the integration of data among various enforcement agencies, each inspectable unit under any Labour Law has been assigned one Labour Identification Number (LIN)