In News: Recently, Union Minister for Communication & IT and Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the Online Grievance Management Portal of National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC).
Online grievance management portal by NCSC
- NCSC aims to streamline the grievance redressal specially of the Scheduled Caste population through this portal.
- launched NCSC on the occasion of the 130th birth anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar.
- The portal, designed in collaboration with the Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG-N), will facilitate an end-to-end e-filing of complaints and grievances and their tracking.
Significance of Portal
- Portal would make it easier for the SC population to register their complaints from any part of the country.
- The portal shall enable them to file their application and other atrocity and services related grievances online and to get them addressed in a time bound manner.
- Finally, it is intended to make the hearing process work on similar lines as e-courts.
- This portal is linked to the Commission’s website and one can file one’s complaint upon registering on it.
- The facility to upload documents and audio/video files is also available.
- This would supplement the physical submission of complaints and grievances.
National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)
- NCSC is a constitutional body.
- NCSC works to safeguard the interests of the Scheduled Castes (SC) in India.
- Article 338, It provided for a National Commission for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes with duties to investigate and monitor all matters relating to safeguards provided for them, to inquire into specific complaints and to participate and advise on the planning process of their socio-economic development etc.
- By the amendment in 2003, the erstwhile National Commission for SC and ST was replaced by two separate Commissions from the year 2004-under Article 338-A.
- National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)
- National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST)
Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG-N)
- Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology,
- To empower and serve the Nation through development of Space and Geo-spatial Technologies, its applications/solutions/services in accordance to governance principles for socio-economic welfare of the Society.
- BISAG-N provides specialized services and solutions in implementing map-based Geographic Information Systems.
- BISAG-N undertakes all services for the entire process of implementing an enterprise level GIS system.
- These services include GIS database design and development, map creation/updation and finishing, data migration/conversion and format translation, software development and customization, systems integration and technical consulting.
- BISAG-N also provides complete GIS solutions, which bundle hardware and software with GIS systems development services.
- BISAG-N has strengthened its range of high-end Geo-Spatial services in large-scale mapping by using advanced Photogrammetry and D-GPS technologies to cover elevation modelling, surface modelling and true ortho-photo generation.
- BISAG-N offers comprehensive GIS/PHOTOGRAMMETRIC solutions over large geographical areas.
Role of BISAG-N
- The Institute works in close coordination with GoI Ministries and State Government departments/agencies and has thus emerged as a National level agency to use satellite communication and Space & Geo-spatial technologies for the planning and development activities in various sectors of the Government