In news- THE Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) will set up One-Stop Centres to support women affected by violence in public and private spaces in foreign missions.
About these centres-
- The OSCs will be set up in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- The first 10 OSCs will be introduced in Australia, Canada, Singapore, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.
- The countries have been identified by the MEA based on the Indian diaspora population.
- These centres will be run by the MEA and will be funded by the WCD Ministry.
- Women overseas, who are victims of violence or are simply stuck due to particular situations can approach these centres for immediate as well as non-immediate support including legal aid, medical support and counselling.
- There are currently 700 One-Stop Centres in the country and WCD Ministry plans to add 300 more such centres across the country.
- The ministry announced an amount of Rs 74 crore under the Nirbhaya fund for rape victims who are minors.
More information- Nirbhaya Fund – JournalsOfIndia