In news : OLA Electric Mobility Pvt. Ltd is building what it calls a ‘Future Factory’.
- OLA is going to build a ‘Future Factory’. When ready, it will produce 10 million e-scooters every year, making it the largest two-wheeler maker globally.
- Spread across 500 acres, the fully-automated factory has the capacity to build 10 million electric two-wheelers by June 2022.
- ABB robots will be digitally integrated into Ola’s AI-enabled mega-factory, to optimize robot performance, productivity and product quality.
- Ola will utilize ABB’s automation solutions in its factory’s key manufacturing process lines, including its painting and welding lines, while the ABB robots will be deployed extensively for the battery and motor assembly lines.These include
- ABB’s “IRB 5500” paint
- “IRB 2600” Integrated Dressing robots in its painting and welding lines
- “IRB 6700” robots for assembly and material handling in the battery and motor assembly areas.
- The use of ABB’s robots and automation solutions will ensure remote digital connectivity and monitoring of the robots that will ride on Ola’s proprietary AI engine and tech stack.
- This Future factory is being built on Industry 4.0 principles and it will be powered by its own proprietary AI Engine and tech stack that will be deeply integrated into all its systems, continuously self-learning and optimizing every aspect of the manufacturing process.
- With an initial annual capacity of 2 million units, Ola’s mega-factory will create 10,000 jobs and serve as the company’s global manufacturing hub
- This future factory is expected to be the country’s most automated, with about 5,000 robots and automated guided vehicles in use once the factory is fully operational to its full capacity