- The NESRIP was approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in May 2011 and its cost has been revised on 28th February, 2019 for implementation in two Tranches.
- The scheme envisaged construction/up-gradation of total 433.425 km long roads in 6 North Eastern States of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) is providing loan assistance of upto US $ 200 million under Multi-tranche Financing Facility (MFF), in two tranches.
- Tranche I – Loan Agreement for US $74.8 million was signed in July 2012 which became.
- Tranche II – Loan Agreement for US $125.2 million was signed between GOI and ADB on 17th Feb 2014
- Project is to be executed during the period of 5 years as per approved CCEA dt. 19th May, 2011.
- The last date on which any disbursement under any Tranche may be made will be 30th June, 2021.
- The ADB will reimburse the loan of $200 million to the M/o DoNER through Controller, Aids Account & Audit (CAAA) of the Ministry of Finance
- MDoNER is the Executing Agency responsible for overall coordination with ADB and State Governments and monitoring of progress.
- The National Level Steering Committee is Chaired by Secretary, DoNER and the State Level Steering Committee has been set up in each State for review and monitoring of the project progress.