What is NERTPS?
The North East Region Textile Promotion Scheme (NERTPS) is an umbrella scheme implemented in project mode to promote textiles industry in the NER by providing infrastructure, capacity building and marketing support to the industry. The scheme covers all sectors and subsectors of the value chain of textiles, handloom, handicrafts, sericulture, jute etc.
Scope of the scheme
The Scheme will cover the entire value chain in textiles, Handlooms, Handicrafts, sericulture, Jute etc. Organizations/ Divisions handling the sectors will be responsible for evaluation, implementation and supportive monitoring of the projects relating to their respective sectors
Which is not covered?
Infrastructure such as roads, power, water supply, construction of office buildings etc. will not be funded under the scheme/projects. Support to such components should be explored through convergence/dovetailing with other schemes/ programmes of the State Governments / North Eastern Council (NEC) / Central Government
The Scheme will be implemented in a project mode with region-specific flexibility in project design and implementation. Existing schemes can be customized according to the specific requirements of the North Eastern States.
Agencies of the State Government/Agencies of Central Government /SPVs registered under Companies Act 2013/ Cooperative societies/Self Help Group (SHG) federation etc. will be the implementing agencies for the project
Project Approval and Monitoring Committee (PAMC)
An Inter-Ministerial Committee namely, Project Approval and Monitoring Committee (PAMC) will oversee the implementation of the scheme. It will consist of the following:
- Secretary (Textiles) – Chairperson
- Special /Additional Secretary (Textiles)- Member
- Financial Advisor (Textiles)- Member
- Textiles Commissioner – Member
- Concerned Joint Secretary/ DC(HL)/ DC(HC)/ MS(CSB)- Member
- Representative of the NITI Aayog -Member
- Representative of the Ministry of DONER – Member
- Representative of the North Eastern Council (NEC) – Member
- Representative of the Department of Expenditure – Member
- Representative of the Ministry of MSME – Member
- Representative of the Ministry of DIPP – Member
- Representative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs-Members
- Representatives of the relevant State Government(s) – Member(s)
- Joint Secretary (NERTPS) – Member Secretary
Sharing Pattern of Expenditure
The expenditure will ordinarily be shared between the Ministry of Textiles and the implementing agency in the ratio 90:10. Sharing pattern of expenditure may be modified to 100% expenditure depending upon the nature of project. However, the PAMC will be the final authority to decide fund sharing depending upon the nature and requirements of the project and availability of budget in the scheme