Source: Ministry of Commerce & Industry
North East Industrial Development Scheme (NEIDS) has been launched to further catalyse the industrial development in the North Eastern Region including Sikkim.
- Coverage: The Scheme covers new units in the manufacturing and services sectors
- Duration: 2017-2022
- Incentives: The scheme provides for
- Central Capital Investment Incentive for access to credit
- Central Interest Incentive
- Central Comprehensive Insurance Incentive
- Goods and Services Tax Reimbursement
- Income Tax Reimbursement
- Transport Incentive and
- Employment Incentive to the extent indicated in the gazette notification against each of the components.
- Eligibility for the incentive: All new industrial units in the manufacturing sector and service sector including Bio-technology and Hydel Power generation Units up to 10MW located in NER, are eligible for incentives under the scheme
- Nodal agency: The North-East Industrial Development Finance Corporation Ltd. is the nodal agency for disbursal of incentives under various components of the scheme