In news–Recently, NITI Aayog has launched the National Data & Analytics Platform (NDAP) for open public use.
About the Platform-
- The platform aims to democratize access to public government data by making data accessible, interoperable, interactive, and available on a user-friendly platform.
- Vision: Democratize access to public Government data through a world-class user experience.
- It hosts foundational datasets from various government agencies, presents them coherently, and provides tools for analytics and visualization.
- This public launch follows a beta release of the platform in August 2021 that had provided access to a limited number of users for testing and feedback.
- NDAP will provide access to data from multiple sectors in one place. Data will be sourced from different Central and State Ministries and Departments.
- NDAP follows a use-case based approach to ensure that the datasets hosted on the platform are tailored to the needs of data users from government, academia, journalism, civil society, and the private sector.
- All datasets are standardized to a common schema, which makes it easy to merge datasets and do cross-sectoral analysis.
- The main value that NDAP adds is making key foundational datasets interoperable with each other. This will enable easy cross-sectoral analysis and democratize the use of Indian government data.
- NDAP is a critical milestone – which aims to aid India’s progress by promoting data-driven disclosure, decision making and ensuring availability of data connecting till the last mile, is an example to how the power of data can be leveraged.
- India has a rich data ecosystem which generates data that is invaluable for decision making and research. NDAP is adding to these efforts to further strengthen the data ecosystem.
- NDAP can be accessed at http://ndap.niti.gov.in and all datasets on the platform can be downloaded and merged freely.