NITI Aayog launched DigiBoxx India’s own online cloud storage service
Need for country’s own cloud storage
- Recently, Google announced that it won’t be offering unlimited free photo uploads starting June 1, 2021.
- Google is currently offering 15GB free storage space, which includes data of Gmail, Photos, Drive, and other services.
- For 100GB cloud storage space, the basic subscription of Google One costs Rs 130 per month or Rs 1,300 on a yearly basis.
- It also aims to support Atmanirbhar Bharat
What is DigiBoxx?
It is a Made-in-India digital asset management, file sharing service and cloud storage platform
- The platform is the first of its kind ‘Make in India, Store in India’ digital asset management SaaS product that is in line with the country’s national security and data localisation priorities
- The service is priced competitively, as the company is offering free 20GB cloud storage and 100GB space per month to those who pay just Rs 30.
DigiBoxx cloud storage price in India and benefits
- DigiBoxx has different prices and benefits for a free user, an individual/freelancer, small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) and enterprises.
- All plans support unlimited external collaborators, meaning people who don’t have DigiBoxx accounts can also access the files sent to them.
- The plans offer features such as integration with Gmail, real-time multi-user file collaboration, advanced real-time collaboration, web document previews and automated account backups.
- The free plan includes 20GB cloud storage space and supports files, which of a maximum size of 2GB each. This includes Gmail integration and unlimited external collaborations.
- The storage service is available in monthly and yearly plans. For individuals or freelancers, there is a Rs 30 per month plan, which offers 100GB storage space. This basically means up to 5TB of storage on a yearly basis, which will cost you Rs 360. The plan supports 10GB maximum file size.
- For small and mid-sized businesses, the company will charge Rs 999, which will include up to 50TB storage with 10GB maximum file size. It also supports up to 500 users.
- For enterprises, there is an option to opt for custom cloud storage plans with requirements for over 500 users and configurable total storage size. There is no per-file size cap for large enterprises.
- According to the company, the service supports smart tags and users will be able to find any file within seconds. One can share any document, photo or videos from the platform without downloading them again on their device.
- As it supports cross-platform, users can access any file immediately and edit them.
- Under this, users will also get the option to control access with permissions.
- The service allows users to pull back any file that they might have sent to a wrong person.
- It also has a feature called InstaShare, which lets users share large files. If a user delete the data, the service won’t remove it for 60 days, which means they will have time to restore them.
Current availability of DigiBoxx
It is currently available for Android users only. However, the company has confirmed that the service will soon be made available to iOS users as well
- According to the company, the service has connection encryption and all the files stored on its platform are encrypted at a database level.
- The company confirmed that all the data is being stored in the country.
- The service claims to offer support for SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) file encryption.