In news– In India, ‘Next Generation Water Action (NGWA) Global Multi-hub Pre-event’ was held in NITI Aayog premises, followed by the virtual NGWA Global Multi-hub finals.
- Amongst the five Indian student teams that participated, two teams won the following awards-
- IWA world water Congress Scholarship- Team Hydrogravitricity
- Acceleration Scholarship Award of 1000 Euros – Team BARCO
- The Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog was the challenge partner from India.
- The event happened simultaneously in 5 countries – Mexico, India, South Korea, Kenya and Denmark.
- In order to select the students for the NGWA finals, Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog had launched the AIM-ICDK 2.0 Water Innovation Challenge in partnership with Innovation Centre Denmark (ICDK), Embassy of Denmark and Denmark Technical University (DTU).
- This event is a part of the greater Indo-Danish Bilateral Green strategic partnership.
- Doubling down on the efforts to scale up innovations in the water sector, the AIM-ICDK 2.0 water innovation challenge was rolled out under the year-old ambitious partnership of AIM, NITI Aayog and Innovation Centre Denmark (ICDK) under the aegis of the Embassy of Denmark.
- The initiative aims to identify innovative & next-gen solutions to solve proposed challenges in collaboration with corporate and public partners.
- The initiative will engage young talents from leading universities and innovation hubs across the nation to build their skills and apply their technical disciplines and innovation capacity to come up with technology-driven innovative solutions for management of water related challenges, not only for India but for the world.
- The winners of the challenges will also represent India at the International Water Congress 2022.
- Denmark Embassy in India, and the Denmark Technical University (DTU) will prepare the Indian participants for the Global Next Generation Water Action (NGWA) program hosted by DTU.
- The winners of the challenges participated in the challenges as Indian participation for the global Next Generation Water Action program and engaged with young talents from leading universities and innovation hubs.
About NGWA Global Multi-hub-
- It is a yearly initiative which engages students, university associated start-ups and youth-organizations at high-level international events and summits, focusing on sustainability, as next generations academics and entrepreneurs through a tailored program including course collaboration, challenges, keynotes and bootcamps.
- The Next Generation initiative is built on three core focus areas: Youth involvement, Partnerships, and Action.
- These goals are achieved by fostering a dialogue between the next generation and global decisions makers on an international stage.
- Each year it formulates a theme, a field of action, that is relevant to push sustainable change, and where youth involvement will be of high value for decision-makers all around the globe.
- In 2021, the initiative’s theme was Water Action – and due to the great relevance and success there will be a second edition of Next Generation Water Action in 2022.
International Water Congress 2022-
- The International Water Association’s World Water Congress is the global event for water professionals covering the full water cycle.
- It is planned to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark in september 2022.
- It is designed to bring together water professionals and also engage the water-consuming industry, agriculture, architects and urban planners, hydrologists and soil and groundwater experts, social sciences, ICT-sector, the financial sector and others.
- The Congress is by nature a global forum for discussion.
- It will report on the water sector progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).