Source: National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
The Swarnima Scheme was introduced by the National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC) for the welfare of Women. The implementation of the scheme is performed by the State Channelising Agency (SCA) which act as the nodal agency.
To inculcate the spirit of self-dependence among the eligible Women of Backward Classes under the term loan
The Benefits of the Swarnima Scheme for Women are :
- This scheme is focused on providing better livelihood.
- To provide social and financial security to the women in the state.
- To make beneficiary to live a financially independent life
- Women entrepreneur belonging to backward classes is only eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Age of the woman should be between 18 to 55 years.
- The annual income of the women should be less than Rs.3 Lakhs per annum.
Quantum of Assistance
Under the Swarnima Scheme, all the eligible women will get a subsidy amount of Rs. 1 Lakh for self-employment and the remaining amount has to be self-owned by the beneficiary.
About National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation
National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC) is a Government of India Undertaking under the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. NBCFDC was incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 in January 1992 (now section 8 of the Companies Act 2013) as a Company not for profit with an objective to promote economic and developmental activities for the benefit of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures. NBCFDC provides financial assistance through State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by the State Governments/UTs and Banks (RRBs & PSBs). NBCFDC also provides Micro Financing through SCAs/ Self Help Groups (SHGs).
The Corporation can assist a wide range of income generating activities to assist the poorer section of these classes in self-employment ventures under following broad sectors:
- Agriculture and Allied Activities
- Small Business/Artisan and Traditional Occupation
- Transport and Service Sector etc.
- Technical, Vocational and Professional Trades/Courses
The Corporation has been established with a vision to play a leading role in upliftment of economic status of the target group of Backward Classes.
To provide concessional financial assistance to the eligible members of the Backward Classes for Self employment ventures and Skill Development Training.
Objectives of NBCFDC
- To Promote economic & development activities for the benefit of Backward Classes.
- To assist, subject to such income and/or economic criteria as may be prescribed by the government from time to time, individuals or groups of individuals belonging to Backward Classes by way of loans and advances for economically and financially viable schemes and projects.
- To promote self-employment and other ventures for the benefit of Backward Classes.
- To grant concessional finance in selected cases for poor persons belonging to Backward Classes as per an annual income criteria defined from time to time (presently Rs. 3.00 lakh).
- To extend loans to the Backward Classes for pursuing general/professional/vocational/technical education or training at graduate and higher level.
- To assist in the upgradation of technical and entrepreneurial skills of Backward Classes for proper and efficient management of production units.