In News: The National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI), today, announced three new initiatives aimed at raising awareness of the IPv6 protocol in India.
- NIXI Academy to educate technical and nontechnical people in India to learn and relearn technologies like IPv6 .
- NIXI academy comprises an IPv6 training portal which is developed with the help of various technical experts in order to provide mass training to the community.
- Helps network operators and educators understand networking best practices, principles and techniques; manage Internet resources better; and use appropriate Internet technologies more effectively.
- NIXI-IP-INDEX portal will showcase the IPv6 adoption rate in India and across the world.
- Used to compare the IPv6 Indian adoption rate with other economies in the world.
- This portal will motivate organisations to adopt IPv6, provide inputs for planning by technical organisations and research by academicians.
IPv6 Expert Panel (IP Guru)
- IP Guru extends support to all the Indian entities who are finding it technically challenging to migrate and adopt IPv6.
- IPv6 expert group will help in identifying & hiring an agency that will help end customers by providing necessary technical support to adopt IPv6.
- Panel guides all such Indian entities and helps in increasing IPv6 adoption.
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
- NIXI is a not-for-profit organization under section 8 of the Companies Act 2013
- Working since 2003 for spreading the internet infrastructure to the citizens of India through the following activities:
- Internet Exchanges through which the internet data is exchanged amongst ISP’s, Data Centers and CDNs.
- IN Registry, managing and operation of .IN country-code domain and .भारत IDN domain for India.
- IRINN, managing and operating Internet protocol (IPv4/IPv6).
nternet Protocol (IP)
- IP address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.
- An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.