Source: PIB & Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
About Youth Parliament Scheme
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs has been implementing the Youth Parliament programme since 1966 in Schools under the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi and NDMC, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, and Universities/ Colleges.
About the portal
Objectives of the portal
- To increase the outreach of the youth parliament programme of the Ministry to hitherto untouched sections and corners of the country.
- To strengthen the roots of democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline, tolerance of the view of others and to enable the student community to know about practices and procedures of the Parliament.
Features of the portal
- All recognized educational institutions of the country are eligible to participate in this programme.
- The registration for participation will be done by the education institutions through the web-portal.
- E-training modules, videos, photographs, and scripts are available on the portal for online self-learning of the participants.
- After successful registration, the educational institutions will be able to conduct youth parliament sittings in their respective institutions.
- Each student taking part in the sitting will get a Digital ‘Certificate of Participation’ and each Teacher-in-charge and Head of Institution will get a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ through the web portal.
- The programme envisages Kishore Sabha for the students of Class IX to Class XII and Tarun Sabha for the students of the Under Graduate/ Post Graduate level.
- To ensure effective implementation of the scheme, the participating institutions may invite an MP/ex-MP/ MLA/ Ex-MLA/ MLC/ Ex-MLC or a Person of eminence as the Chief Guest who would oversee the performance of the Youth Parliament sitting of the institution.
- The institutions shall upload the reports and photos/ videos of Youth Parliament conducted by them on the web portal for scrutiny and verification by the Ministry.
- If reports and photos/ videos of Youth Parliament are found to be in order after scrutiny and verification, participating students will get digital “Certificate of Participation” and teachers-in-charge / head of institutions will get digital “Certificate of Appreciation” for the programme.