In News: With an aim to attract talented sports persons from all over the country, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports through Sports Authority of India (SAI) has launched National Talent Search Portal (NTSP).
About National Talent Search Portal (NTSP)
- The portal was launched by the Vice President of India in August 2017.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and sports has launched the Sports Talent Search Portal to spot the best talent from among the young population of the country.
- All interested citizens can apply online using the portal for various schemes of the Sports Authority of India (SAI).
- Eligible youth will be called for selection trials.
- The admission to the schemes will be subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and battery of test as well as skill tests.
- The NTSP allows access to the talented sportspersons from any part of the country to upload their online applications in their desired sports discipline for admission in Sports Centres run by SAI under its various sport’s promotional schemes.
- As many as 33,552 individuals have registered on the National Talent Search Portal (NTSP), a government initiative launched with an aim to attract talented sports persons from all over the country.
Apply to a scheme in a simple three step process:
- Step 1 – Register on the site. You can register for your ward, if s/he is a minor.
- Step 2 – Create a profile. This is a very important step. Every year several people apply to various schemes. In order to get shortlisted, provide as much information as you can, especially if you have been a sports person and participated in competitions before.
- Step 3 – Apply for a scheme. Once you have created your profile you can apply to any eligible scheme of SAI.