In news-Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd) has taken over as Chairman & Managing Director of National Research Development Corporation recently.
About National Research Development Corporation (NRDC)-
- NRDC is an enterprise of Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- It engages in the development, promotion and transfer of technologies emanating from various national R&D institutions.
- It was established in 1953 by the Government of India, with the primary objective to promote, develop and commercialise the technologies / know-how / inventions / patents / processes emanating from various national R&D institutions / Universities.
- It is now recognised as a large repository of a wide range of technologies spread over almost all areas of industries.
- NRDC also undertakes a number of activities under its structured promotional programme for encouragement and advancement of research, promotion of inventions and innovations such as meritorious inventions awards, Techno-Commercial support, Technical and financial assistance for IPR Protection and Value addition services.