Source: PIB & Hindustan Times
Emphasizing on creating more employment, Union Finance Minister announced that a National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be set up for all computer-based examinations for recruitment to non-gazetted government and public sector banks posts.
About National Recruitment Agency (NRA) and its advantages
- The minister stated that an independent, professional and specialist National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be set up for conducting a computer-based online Common Eligibility Test for recruitment
- The Minister said that at present, candidates have to appear for multiple examinations conducted by multiple agencies at different points of time for similar posts.
- This places an enormous burden on time, effort and cost of young people. Thus to mitigate their hardship faced, it is proposed to set up an NRA as an independent, professional, specialist organization for the conduct of a computer-based online Common Eligibility Test for recruitment to non-gazetted posts
- Non-gazetted jobs are the government jobs or posts which do not give the person the authority to issue an official stamp on the behalf of the government. In terms of types of jobs, this includes Group B, Group C, and Group D government jobs.
- The Minister has also mentioned that a test centre in every district, particularly in the aspirational districts would be set up.
- The Minister also stressed that it is proposed to evolve a robust mechanism for appointment including direct recruitment to tribunals and specialized bodies to attract best talents and professional experts.
The move has the potential to give a breath of fresh air for the youth of the country, who have been stuck in the vicious cycle of recruitment exams and an indefinite wait for jobs. At present, lakhs of aspirants appear for multiple examinations for various non-gazetted government jobs.