Source: PIB & DD News
The entire month of September is celebrated as the Rashtriya Poshan Maah. This year’s theme is Complimentary feeding.
The purpose of celebrating the Poshan month is to take the message of nutrition to every nook and corner of the country(especially grass root level) and to focus on complimentary food, treatment, and prevention from infections in children.
Poshan ke Paanch sutra
This event also intends to spread awareness on Poshan ke Paanch Sutra(5 critical components of POSHAN) they are;
- First 1000 days of the child
- Hand Wash & Sanitation
- Poshtik Ahaar(Wholesome meals with diet diversity)
About POSHAN Abhiyan
- POSHAN Abhiyaan is a multi-ministerial convergence mission with the vision to ensure the attainment of malnutrition free India by 2022.
- The programme strives to reduce the level of stunting, under-nutrition, low birth weight in children and anaemia in adolescent girls, pregnant women, lactating mothers as well as children.
- Its aim to ensure holistic development and adequate nutrition for pregnant women, mothers, and children.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) is implementing POSHAN Abhiyaan
- Pillars of the mission are:
- Inter-sectoral convergence for better service delivery
- Use of technology (ICT) for real-time growth monitoring and tracking of women and children
- Intensified health and nutrition services for the first 1000 days
- Jan Andolan