Source: PIB & Ministry of Culture
Vision & Mission
- To envision and address the necessity of preserving the threads of rich Indian Art and Cultural Heritage
- To Convert vast and widespread cultural canvass of India into an objective Cultural Mapping
- To Design a mechanism to fulfill the aspirations of the whole artist community of the nation
- To Preserve the rich cultural heritage of this country for future generations
- To create a strong “Cultural Vibrancy” throughout the nation
Objectives of the Mission
Under this Mission, at broad-level, there are three important objectives as follows:
- National Cultural Awareness Abhiyan: Hamari Sanskriti Hamari Pahchan Abhiyan OR Our Culture Our Identity
- Nationwide Artist Talent Hunt/Scouting Programme: Sanskritik Pratibha Khoj Abhiyan
- National Cultural Workplace: Centralised Transactional Web Portal with database and demography of cultural assets and resources including all art forms and artists.
- NMCM has been set up by the Ministry of Culture in 2017
- This mission will compile data of artists, art forms & geo-location with inputs from Central Ministries, State Governments & art/culture bodies.
- Specially designed data capture form with technical collaboration of the National E-Governance Division (NEGD)/Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) has been formulated for data collection.
- The Mission encompasses data mapping, demography building, formalizing the processes and bringing all cultural activities under one umbrella for better results.