- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)
It is one of the eight Missions under National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC).
It aims at promoting Sustainable Agriculture through climate change adaptation measures, enhancing agriculture productivity especially in rainfed areas focusing on integrated farming, soil health management, and synergizing resource conservation.
It as a programmatic intervention caters to Mission Deliverables that focuses mainly on Conservation agriculture to make farm sector more productive, sustainable, remunerative and climate resilient by promoting location specific integrated/composite farming systems.
Schemes under NMSA
- Rainfed Area Development (RAD)
- Soil Health Management (SHM)
- Sub Mission on Agro Forestry (SMAF)
- Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
- Soil and Land Use Survey of India (SLUSI)
- National Rainfed Area Authority (NRAA)
- Mission Organic Value Chain Development in North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER)
- National Centre of Organic Farming (NCOF)
- Central Fertilizer Quality Control and Training Institute (CFQC&TI)
- Promoting integrated farming system covering crops, livestock & fishery, plantation and pasture based composite farming.
- Popularizing resource conservation technologies (both on-farm and off-farm).
- Promoting effective management of available water resources and enhancing water use efficiency.
- Encouraging improved agronomic practices for higher farm productivity, improved soil treatment, increased water holding capacity, judicious use of chemicals/ energy and enhanced soil carbon storage.
- Creating database on soil resources through land use survey, soil profile study and soil analysis on GIS platform to facilitate adoption of location and soil-specific crop management practices& optimize fertilizer use.
- Promoting location and crop specific integrated nutrient management practices for improving soil health, enhancing crop productivity and maintaining quality of land and water resources.
- Involving knowledge institutions and professionals in developing climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies for specific agro climatic situations and promoting them through appropriate farming systems.
- Programmatic interventions as per land capability and conducive to climatic parameters in select blocks as pilots for ensuring integrated development through dissemination and adoption of rainfed technologies with greater reach in disadvantaged areas & location specific planning by way of coordination, convergence and leveraging investments from other Schemes/Missions.
State Government may engage reputed NGOs for implementation of cluster/village development plan in case of limited govt. infrastructure is available in that area through a transparent system of selection and defined process of supervision and monitoring through a line department.