Recently NMDC fixed buy-back shares at Rs 105
About the National Mineral Development Corporation
- NMDC is a PSU owned by the Government of India under the administrative control of the Ministry of Steel.
- NMDC is involved in the exploration of iron ore, copper, rock phosphate, limestone, dolomite, gypsum, bentonite, magnesite, diamond, tin, tungsten, graphite, etc.
- It is India’s largest iron ore producer and exporter, producing more than 35 million tonnes of iron ore from three mechanized mines in Chhattisgarh and Karnataka.
- Panna in Madhya Pradesh is the only mechanized diamond mine in the country operated by NMDC
- NMDC Ltd. is diversified into other raw materials for the steel industry such as low silica limestone
- Mines operated by NMDC:
- Bailadila Iron Ore Mine, Kirandul Complex, South Bastar district, Dantewada(Chhattisgarh)
- Bailadila Iron Ore Mine, Bacheli Complex, South Bastar district, Dantewada(Chhattisgarh)
- Donimalai Iron Ore Mine, Donimalai, Bellary district, Karnataka
- Diamond Mining Project, Majhgawan, Panna (M.P.)