In news : Recently, the Karnataka Tourism Society (KTS) urged its members to register their accommodation on the database(NIDHI) set up by the Ministry of Tourism
About National Integrated Database of Hospitality Industry(NIDHI)
- Ministry: NIDHI scheme was launched by the Ministry of Tourism
- Aim: To provide a comprehensive register of hospitality accommodation across the country was essential for the future development of tourism of India
More about NIDHI
- NIDHI is an initiative towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat to use technology to empower our businesses. NIDHI is not just a Database.
- It aspires to become a gateway to opportunities for the Hospitality Industry.
- Registration with NIDHI will ensure electronic delivery of various services and benefits to the hospitality unit. It will also serve as a platform for the Hospitality organisations to ideate, share best practices and connect with the Government for ease of doing business.
- Accommodation units have to be registered on NIDHI and verified by respective nodal officer before taking self-certification on SAATHI platform
- Units who have registered on NIDHI and been verified by their respective nodal officer can then get self-certification on the Ministry’s SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for Hospitality Industry) platform on their Covid-free status.
- It is a digital platform which is accessible from https://nidhi.nic.in where all accommodation units can register themselves to become part of the hospitality industry.
- Registration with NIDHI will ensure electronic delivery of various services and benefits to the hospitality units.