Government plans Rs. 102 lakh crore of investments in infrastructure in the coming six years including the present fiscal which will be part of “National Infrastructure Pipeline”.
It will include expenditure by Central Govt., State Govts and Private players in the ratio 39:39:22
It says that the resources for the above expenditure will come from following sources:
- Budgetary: Resources raised from tax and other collections mentioned in budget
- Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR): Domestic and Foreign loans raised (generally through PSUs)
- Market: Raising money by issuing shares or bonds in the financial capital markets
- Internal accruals of PSUs: Profits of PSUs (left after paying dividend)
- (2)And (3) terms→ are generally used together as “Internal and Extra Budgetary Resources” (IEBR)