In News: The National Informatics centre and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) jointly launched the CollabCAD software.
- NIC provides network backbone and e-Governance support to the Central Government, State Governments and UT Administrations.
- NIC has been closely associated with the Government in different aspects of Governance besides establishing a Nationwide State-of-the-Art information and communication technology (ICT) Infrastructure.
- it has also built a large number of digital solutions to support the government at various levels, making the last-mile delivery of government services to the citizens a reality
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is an attached office under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in the Indian government.
- The NIC provides infrastructure to help support the delivery of government IT services and the delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India.
- The NIC was established in 1976 Delhi.
- The NIC is credited with helping the Indian government embrace IT in the 1990s and has also helped disseminate e-governance to the masses.
- In May 2019, the government of India set up the Centre for Smart Governance (CSG), and state governments have since been advised to consult the CSG for IT projects they previously would have consulted the NIC and private firms .
- It is a collaborative network, computer-enabled software system, providing a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design for students and faculty of Engineering Graphics Curriculum.
- It is developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- The NIC, CBSE, and Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) will also jointly release a comprehensive e-book on CollabCAD 3D modeling.
- The CollabCAD Software for Engineering Graphics will be launched at the Senior School Level for Class XI and XII.
- The NIC and CBSE will be signing an MOU for ‘CollabCAD Software Support and Training for Students and Faculty of Engineering Graphics in CBSE affiliated Schools’ for a period of 10 years.