In news: Recently National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated celebrated 25 years of its establishment. During the event, Union Electronics Minister launched TEJAS, e-Auction India etc
About National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated
- National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI), a Public Sector Enterprise under National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
- NICSI started its journey in the ICT service industry on 29th August 1995.
- Providing end-to-end IT solutions for e-governance projects for Central and State Governments and other PSUs across India, NICSI extends its services to the International level too in certain projects.
- With a footprint in majority of eGov projects, NICSI is successfully sustaining and progressing forward in its vision and mission in suffice to the socio-economic development.
- Core services of NICSI include, IT Consultancy, Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics, Productization & International Promotion, Cloud Services, ICT product installations, Human Resource/Roll out/Training. Some of its key offerings extends to eOffice, eTransport, eHospital, ePrisons, eCourts
During the event, Union Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched: TEJAS – A Visual Intelligence Tool, e-Auction India, Work from AnyWhere, NIC Products Portfolio and rolled out the Silver Jubilee e-Brochure of NICSI:
- TEJAS – The visual intelligence tool, through the collaborative effort of NIC and NICSI (CEDA), is completely developed in-house using open source technologies and bringing together the best features comparable to market leading BI tools.
- The tool would be primarily used by Government Departments at various levels in the centre and state.
- It will provide State-of-the-art and powerful data analysis for officials to design analytical reports and turn data into accurate analysis and smart visualizations.
- e-Auction India:
- It caters to the electronic forward and reverse auction requirements of the Government departments and organizations.
- It aims at transparency and non-discrimination amongst bidders, by allowing free access to auction documents, clarifications, online submission of quotes from any place on 24×7 basis, in a secured environment, adopting industry standard open technologies.
- Work from AnyWhere Portal:
- WAW (Work from AnyWhere) Portal will ease and enhance accessibility of key applications to the Government employees.
- WAW portal is built upon core workplace experience and creates a highly extensible environment for users to dynamically adapt to changing needs.
- The virtual work environment, provisioned by WAW portal, will empower employees with all the key resources enabling them to access organizations’ applications and data and communicate with fellow officials.
- With the following objectives to achieve, WAW portal will facilitate quick transition to remote workplace environments, while maintaining secured access to departmental applications.
NIC Products Portfolio- for International Offering to augment Digital India branding through promotion of productized software applications at global level. Product Offerings include;, i) eOffice – A Digital workplace solution; ii) GePNIC – Government eProcurement System; iii) Service Plus – An integrated eService Delivery Framework; iv) e-Hospital – Simplifying Healthcare Service Delivery; v) BhuNaksha – A Solution for Cadastral Mapping; vi) ePrisons – IT Solution for Prison Management; vii) eCourts – A Justice Delivery System; viii) Darpan – Government Dashboard Platform.