NHPC Limited, India’s premier hydropower company celebrated its 46th Raising Day on 7th November 2020
- It is an Indian Hydropower generation company that was incorporated in the year 1975
- It was started with an authorised capital of Rs. 2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects.
- Later on, NHPC expanded its objects to include other sources of energy like Solar, Geothermal, Tidal, Wind etc.
- Presently, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorised share capital of Rs. 150,000 Million
- As of now, NHPC Limited has become the largest organisation for hydropower development in India, with capabilities to undertake all the activities from conceptualization to commissioning in relation to setting up of hydro projects.