he handloom sector has a unique place in the Indian economy and plays a vital role in terms of providing employment, cloth production and value addition while at the same time preserves India‟s rich cultural heritage.
Features of National Handloom Development Program
- National Handloom Development Programme (NHDP) has been formulated for its implementation during 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- The scheme will support weavers, both within and outside the cooperative fold including Self Help Groups, NGOs towards
. raw material
. design inputs
. technology up-gradation
. marketing support through exhibitions
. create permanent infrastructure in the form of Urban Haats
. marketing complexes
. development of web portal for e-marketing of handloom products
Components of the Scheme
- Block Level Cluster Projects
. Maximum permissible GoI financial assistance is upto Rs. 2.00 crore per cluster.
- Handloom Marketing Assistance
- Concessional Credit
. Interest subsidy-Provide subsidized loan to handloom sector at the interest rate of 6% for a period of three years.
. Margin money assistance-Assistance to a maximum of Rs. 10000/- per weaver will be provided.
. Credit guarantee-The loans extended by the Banks/Financial Institutions to the handloom weavers will be guaranteed by the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Medium & Small Enterprises (CGTMSE).
- Handloom Census
. Identity cards shall be issued to handloom weavers and allied workers.
- Handloom Park
- National Centre for Textile Design
- R&D Projects
- J&K Wool Development Project
- Special Projects for Special Category States
. This aims to focus on the specific needs/ requirements of the handloom pocket/s for development and promotion of handlooms in the hilly and scattered areas of special category States like J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttrakhand or any other State as and when declared as special category State.
- National Institutes of Open Schooling(NIOS)
- Cluster Cell at Headquarters
- Innovative Ideas
- Publicity, Advertisement, Monitoring, Training & Evaluation of Scheme