In news–The Union Home Minister has recently addressed the First convocation of the National Forensic Science University (NFSU) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
About National Forensic Science University-
- National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU), formerly Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU), is a central university in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- It is solely dedicated to forensic and investigative science.
- It was established in 2009 with a sole objective of creating professional experts in the field of Forensic sciences.
- It was upgraded to the National Forensic Sciences University in October 2020. It is recognised as an Institution of National Importance by the Act of Parliament.
- Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has annexed the Delhi Centre, the erstwhile National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences with this university.
- The university has also established various centres of excellence in its campus such Ballistics Research Centre and Testing Range, Cyber Defence Centre, International Centre for Forensic Narcotics(ICFN), International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics(ICHF).
- The ICFN was established with the support of Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The ICHF was established with the collaboration of the International Committee of the Red Cross, the globally acclaimed humanitarian services organization.