In News: Make all Government services accessible to the COMMON MAN IN HIS LOCALITY, through Common Service Delivery Outlets and ensure EFFICIENCY, TRANSPARENCY & RELIABILITY of such services at AFFORDABLE COSTS to realise the BASIC NEEDS of the common man.
About National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
- The National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) is an initiative of the Government of India to make all government services available to the citizens of India via electronic media.
- NeGP was formulated by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- The Government approved the National e-Governance Plan, consisting of 27 “Mission Mode Projects” (MMPs) and 8 components, on 18 May 2006.
- This is an enabler of Digital India initiative, and UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) in turn is an enabler of NeGP.
- Meta data and data standards or MDDS is the official document describing the standards for common metadata as part of India’s National e-Governance Plan.
Key Components of NeGP:
- Integrated Service Delivery Platform
- Mission Mode Projects (MMPS)
- Core ICT Infrastructure
- Better service delivery to citizens.
- Ushering in transparency and accountability.
- Empowering people through information.
- Improve efficiency within Government i.e between centre-state or inter-states.
- Improve interface with business and industry.
Pillars of e-Governance
Types of Interaction in e-Governance
- G2G i.e. Government to Government
- G2C i.e. Government to Citizen
- G2B i.e. Government to Business
- G2E i.e. Government to Employees
Initiatives Taken for e-Governance in India
Bhoomi Project (Karnataka): Online Delivery of Land Records
- Bhoomi is a self-sustainable e-Governance project for the computerized delivery of 20 million rural land records to 6.7 million farmers of Karnataka.
KHAJANE (Karnataka): End-to-end automation of Government Treasury System
- Government-to-Government (G2G) e-Governance initiative of the Karnataka State Government.
- It has been implemented mainly to eliminate systemic deficiencies in the manual treasury system and for the efficient management of state finances.
e-Seva (Andhra Pradesh)
- Designed to provide ‘Government to Citizen’ and ‘e-Business to Citizen’ services.
- All the services are delivered online to consumers /citizens by connecting them to the respective government departments and providing online information at the point of service delivery.The project has become very popular among the citizens especially for the payment of utility bills.
- Launched by the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice.
- The Mission Mode Project (MMP) aims at utilizing technology for improved provisioning of judicial services to citizens.
- Launched by the Department of Information Technology.
- The MMP aims at delivery of high volume, citizen-centric services at the District level such as the issue of birth/death certificate, income and caste certificates, old age and widow pension, etc.
- Launched by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- The project aims to provide electronic services to the Companies registered under the Companies Act.
- Various online facilities offered include allocation and change of name, incorporation, online payment of registration charges, change in address of registered office, viewing of public records and other related services.