In news : Union Budget 2021-22 proposes to set up National Digital Education Architecture
A brief note on the National Digital Education Architecture(NDEAR)
- Union Budget 2021-22 announced setting up of a NDEAR within the context of a Digital First Mindset where the Digital Architecture will not only support teaching and learning activities but also educational planning, governance administrative activities of the Centre and the States/ Union Territories.
- It will provide diverse education eco-system architecture for development of digital infrastructure, a federated but interoperable system that will ensure autonomy of all stakeholders, especially States and UTs.
- NDEAR is being envisioned to be a digital infrastructure for Education.
- NDEAR will be beneficial for both Centre and States in planning, administering and governing school education as well as to teachers, students and schools for having a seamless digital learning experience.
- The institutional structure, governance framework, technology and data of NDEAR will benefit the entire student and teacher community.
India Report on Digital Education, 2020
- It was launched by the Ministry of HRD(now Education)
- The report elaborates on the innovative methods adopted by the Ministry of HRD, Education Departments of States and UTs for ensuring accessible and inclusive education to children at home and reducing learning gaps.
- School Education is envisaged as a comprehensive and convergent programme committed to universalize digital education across the wide spectrum of schools from pre-nursery to higher secondary classes.
- As per the report, the quality digital education has acquired a new urgency in the present context of globalization
Other initiatives related to Digital Education
- DIKSHA platform
- Swayam Prabha TV Channel
- On Air – Shiksha Vani
- e-PathShala and telecast through TV channels