In news– National Security Advisor has inaugurated the National Cyber Security Incident Response Exercise recently.
About NCX India-
- National Cyber Exercise (NCX) India will be conducted as a hybrid exercise over a period of ten days from 18 to 29 April 2022.
- It aims to train senior management and technical personnel of Government/Critical Sector organisations and agencies on contemporary cyber threats and handling cyber incidents and response.
- The program is being conducted by the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), Govt. of India in association with Data Security Council of India (DSCI) as the Knowledge Partner and supported by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The platform for training is being provided by CyberExer Technologies, an Estonian cybersecurity company accredited for globally conducting several large cyber exercises.
- More than 140 officials will be trained through training sessions, Live Fire and Strategic exercises.
- The participants will be trained on various key cyber security areas such as Intrusion Detection Techniques, Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP), Vulnerability Handling & Penetration Testing, Network Protocols & Data Flows, Digital Forensics, etc.
- NCX India will help strategic leaders to better understand cyber threats, assess readiness, and develop skills for cyber crisis management and cooperation.
- This will also help develop and test cybersecurity skills, teamwork, planning, communication, critical thinking, and decision-making.
National Security Council of India-
- It is an executive government agency tasked with advising the Prime Minister’s Office on matters of national security and strategic interest.
- The NSC is the apex body of the three-tiered structure of the national security management system in India.
- The three tiers are the Strategic Policy Group, the National Security Advisory Board and a secretariat from the Joint Intelligence Committee.
- Prior to the formation of the NSC, these activities were overseen by the Principal Secretary to the preceding Prime Minister.
- National Cyber Security Coordinator (NCSC) under the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) coordinates with different agencies at the national level for cyber security matters.
- It was established by the former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 19 November 1998, with Brajesh Mishra as the first National Security Advisor.
Data Security Council of India (DSCI)-
- It is a not-for-profit, a premier industry body on data protection in India, setup by NASSCOM.
- It is committed to making cyberspace safe, secure and trusted by establishing best practices, standards and initiatives in cyber security.
- DSCI engages with governments and their agencies, regulators, industry sectors, industry associations and think tanks for policy advocacy, thought leadership, capacity building and outreach activities.
- It develops best practices and frameworks, published studies, surveys and papers.
- It builds capacity in security, privacy and cyber forensics through training and certification programs for professionals and law enforcement agencies and engages stakeholders through various outreach initiatives including events, awards, chapters, consultations and membership programs.
- It also endeavours to increase India’s share in the global security product and services market through global trade development initiatives.