Source: PIB & Ministry of Culture
Aim of the programme
Exchange of artistes, musicians, performers and sculptors etc. between different regions within the country for the promotion of the rich cultural heritage of India.
- The programme can be termed as the lifeline of the Zonal Cultural Centers
- Under this scheme, various festivals of performing arts, exhibitions, yatras etc are organized in member States.
- Artists from other zones/states are invited to participate in these programmes.
- Participation of artists from the Zone in festivals held in other parts of the country are also facilitated.
- Zonal centres also participate in Major festivals happening in member States by arranging performances during these festivals where a large number of the audience get a chance to enjoy and understand art forms of other regions.
- These festivals provide an opportunity to taste and understand the various cultures of our country.
- This scheme is benefiting a large number of folk artists, musicians, artisans etc.