Source: PIB & Website of NPC
A two-day National Conference on Capacity Building of Sustainable Food Value Chains for Enhanced Food Safety and Quality organized by National Productivity Council (NPC) in collaboration with the Asian Productivity Organization, Tokyo, Japan was held in New Delhi.
About the National Productivity Council (NPC)
- NPC is a national level organization to promote productivity culture in India.
- Established by the Ministry of Industry, Government of India in 1958, it is an autonomous, multipartite, non-profit organization with equal representation from employers’ & workers’ organizations and Government, apart from technical & professional institutions and other interests.
- NPC is a constituent of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), a Body, of which the Government of India is a founder member.
- NPC teams up with its clients to work out solutions towards accelerating productivity, enhancing competitiveness, increasing profits, augmenting safety and reliability and ensuring better quality.
- It provides a reliable database for decision-making, improved systems and procedures, work culture as well as customer satisfaction both internal & external. The solutions can be all-encompassing or specific depending on the nature of the problem.
- The council also helps monitor, review and implement the identified strategies.
- Promotional and catalytic in nature, NPC’s services have bearings on economic growth and quality of life.
- The Council promotes a comprehensive view of productivity-focused on improving the triple bottom line – economic, environmental and social and adds value for all the stakeholders through generation & application of advanced knowledge for inclusive Growth.