Source: Ministry of Labour & Employment
National Career Service is a Five Year Mission Mode Project launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister in 2015. The project is being implemented by the Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment. National Career Service (NCS) is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career-related services to the citizens of India. It works towards bridging the gap between job seekers and employers, candidates seeking training and career guidance, agencies providing training and career counseling.
- It brings together all stakeholders like job seekers, employers, counsellors, trainers, and private placement agencies to facilitate the convergence of information and create synergies through these associations.
- The NCS project reaches out to the people of this country through its three essential pillars i.e. a well-designed ICT based portal which is NCS portal, Countrywide set up of Model Career Centers and Interlinkage with all the states through employment exchanges.
- NCS Portal: Nation-wide platform to provide a wide range of online services including job placement, vacancy notification, information on formal training programmes, on-the-job training and much more. The focus areas for the National Career Service platform are listed below:
- Enhancing career and employment opportunities
- Counselling and guidance for career development
- Focusing on decent employment
- Enhancing female labour force participation
- Encouraging entrepreneurial endeavours
- Multiple Access Points of NCS: NCS reaches out to people through its multiple delivery mechanisms to empower citizens with access to nationwide opportunities.
- Career Centres: Hub of career-related services primarily engaged in registration of various stakeholders, organizing events such as job fairs and providing career counselling to job-seekers.
- Common Service Centres: NCS services are also accessible through Common Service Centres (CSC). People can avail NCS through CSC at nominal charges and avail all its benefits.
- Post Offices: NCS services are also accessible through Post Offices across the country. Now, youth can easily register on the NCS Portal by visiting nearby post office of their respective locations.