Source: NBCFDC, PIB
National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC) is a Govt. of India Undertaking under the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
NBCFDC was incorporated under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956 on 13th January 1992 as a Company not for profit with an objective to promote economic and developmental activities for the benefit of Backward Classes and to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures.
Various assistances provided by NBCFC
- NBCFDC provides financial assistance through State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by the State Governments/UTs. NBCFDC also provides Micro Financing through SCAs/ Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- The Corporation can assist a wide range of income generating activities to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures under following broad sectors:
- Agriculture and Allied Activities
- Small Business
- Artisan and Traditional Occupation
- Technical and Professional Trades/Courses
- Transport and Service Sector etc.
The Corporation additionally facilitates skill development of poor persons belonging to OBCs, persons of Economically Backward Classes (EBCs), De-notified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Sr. Citizen, Beggars and Transgender.